Sunday, August 20, 2006

In which our heroine talks about stuffing her bra for the first time

About a week ago, I went to work like normally and was just sitting at my desk when all of a sudden, I noticed that my bra was poking me in a supurbly uncomfortable way. It didn't feel like a normal kind of thing, so I decided to go into the bathroom to inspect further.

In the bathroom, I discovered that my unerwire had taken this exact moment to break. Now, I've had underwires that decided that they weren't happy with the confines of the bra, but in this case, the metal literally had snapped in half, and the sharp edges were what was poking me. Damn, damn, damn. So, my first thought was to just take out the underwire and not worry about it. Problem: The underwire on the OTHER side was just fine, so the twins wouldn't be identical twins any longer. I was at work and there's NO WAY I was just going to take my bra off because I can't type with my arms crossed against my chest. I figured that I would walk back to my desk and pick up a pair of scissors so I could cut out the underwire on the other side, and then I would be just fine. However, when I took a step, the bra jabbed the hell out of me again, and I decided that I didn't want to take that uncomfortable walk, no matter how short.

So, I took a few squares of toilet paper, folded them over a couple of times, and stuck them between the bra and my skin. Ahhh, relief. I went back to my desk to get the scissors, but figured that this was working so well that I'd just see how it lasted through the day. Surprisingly, it was perfect the rest of the day, and I went home unscathed.

This, my friends, is the very first time I had to stuff my bra with toilet paper. I'm declaring this a Tale of Triumph because I fought the underwire, and I fucking won. We have to take our victories when we can!

No comments: