Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Random thoughts for August

First off, can I just say how happy I am that the summer is at a close? Man, I do NOT like the heat. The only thing I do like is that the sun is up for a lot of hours. But I don't like having to water the hell out of my lawn to keep it from dying, using the air conditioner, and sweating. Bleh. Bring on the rain and gloom, say I!

School is starting for me today. I went over my general ed courses that I needed to take yesterday, and found out that a course I took for GE is no longer acceptable as a fine arts credit. I took the class because it would be fun and fulfill some of my GE requirements and I worked my ass off at it. It was photography, so I was in the classroom at least 5 hours a week, in addition to going out and shooting off a roll of film almost every week as well. And now, to have those 4 credits taken away from me just pisses me off. I think I'll be taking 3 classes instead of just 2 this semester to try to catch up a little bit. I'm torn between taking another academic class and taking a PE class. I need both of them and they're both in the same (very convenient) time slot.

With school starting, it makes me realize that we've begun the sliding slope towards the end of the year. I'll be 30 at the end of this year. It's not a huge deal to me; most everyone I hang out with is already on that side of 30, so I feel like I've already been there. It blows my mind that my mom and dad had 4 kids already by the time they were my age, but everyone's path is different. It also makes me realize that in about 6 weeks, they're going to put up the Thanksgiving decorations, and in about 2 months, they'll be putting up the Christmas decorations. It seems like I've blinked and missed a large chunk of the year. Part of growing older, I'm sure.

Lastly, did you know that if you can't find normal scotch tape, packing tape works surprisingly well for wrapping presents? Happy birthday, Space Kitty. Muahahaha!

No comments: