Monday, August 28, 2006

In which our heroine tries to determine whether she is being insulted or complimented

So, my boss came into my office this morning, and I reminded him that I have a class meeting tomorrow, so I'd be leaving work about 30 minutes early. I asked if I could come in early to make up the time, and he said yes. He then went on to tell me that my education was valuable to the company, and that he would always be accomodating. I told him that I was only working on my general education courses right now, so these classes don't have a direct impact, but thank you very much. He paused, then told me I should be a lawyer. I'm not sure it was in response to what I said or not, and I'm not sure if I should be flattered or insulted! I think I'll go ahead and choose to be complimented, but I'll reserve the right to feel insulted later.

1 comment:

Space Kitty said...

Hee! Choose compliments at all possible opportunities, especially when it involves bosses.